Window coil broken

A home owner from Redondo Beach, CA says:
I had purchased what I thought was the correct part to replace my broken window coil balance.
I hope that the pictures show the part that I need. The number 10 appears on the plastic housing.
There are 2 coils inside of the housing.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1085.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1084.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1083.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hmm, it looks like the S140-10 to me too. Could you go into some detail about why it didn't work for you?

A home owner from Redondo Beach, CA says:
The coil broke. I thought that it was an S140 but it's different. The S140 has one coil in the housing case but I think that what I have in my window has 2 coils within the plastic housing.

The first photo below shows an S140-10 next to the housing of the broken piece. They appear to be different. The second photo shows a functioning unit identical to the broken unit that I'm looking to identify.

Thanks so much for your effort to help me identify the correct part that I need.

Dan Greller
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1092.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1093.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The number of coils shouldn't matter too much as long as they carry the same amount of weight. Your old stamp indicates that yours carries 10 pounds per side, for sashes weighing 19 through 20.99 pounds. This is the same as our S140-10. The number of springs doesn't matter beyond that. You could have 1 spring per side or 100, as long as they carry the same amount of weight in total then they'll counterbalance the sash. 

What's the exact weight of your sash? It's possible your sash weight falls outside those limits.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.