Short Arm Awning Window crank

A quick learner from Malibu says:

Hello I'm looking to replace this window crank but I do not know model number manufactured does it look familiar do you guys have something of the sort?

Thank you

Cody

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7F24A22C-FB82-4272-A05B-8FF0DBA00B36.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5963391C-4DAF-43F3-BDF4-F03E965E30C4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Cody. I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with this operator. I see in your first picture that something had broken off the end of one of the arms. I presume this is a type of black plastic slider. Would it be possible to see a photo of one of those sliders? If we can see one that is as undamaged as possible, that would be ideal. If it's in pieces it will be much harder for us to recognize it.

Hello
Yes black plastic slider it's still attached to the window
Looks like the little round tabs broke that holds the arm in
I assume these are supposed to stay attached to the window mechanism control itself and not the window ?
Sorry for the photos three stories up i window doesn't open very far
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 63156555-3FA9-4FBF-890C-9912DE811A0E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 219A87BC-19B5-4496-9861-BCB39B178BAF.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! Don't worry, these photos are a huge help. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to have to track this one down. We only have one product in our catalog that comes close to this, and that would be our 39-312. The problem is that the arms on this operator are obviously a lot bigger than yours.

Please give us a little more time as we try to track down a version that's a little closer to yours. We'll start broad and then narrow it down. Hopefully we'll get back to you with good news soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

In the meantime, can you tell me the size of your arms? I'm sure our search will lead us to a spot where we need more precise dimensions. The arms on the 39-212 are 11" long measuring from the center of the rivet to the center of the gear.

Profile picture of Tom

I have some good news! We found a version of our 39-312 with a 5-1/2" long arm. Does that sound like it would work for you? It comes in a clay finish, which is the same finish as you see on our 39-312 store page. Let me know if that interests you and we can get to work! If you don't like that finish we can try to look into something else, too.

Looks like ithe arms are around 5 3/4 -6" long
Thank you for all your help really appreciate it
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AFA48644-1784-4E89-B675-A661B986D932.jpeg
Yes that definitely sounds like the
Measurements will work
But I am looking for like a brushed nickel look so I can match the rest of the hardware in the house if possible?
Thank you!!
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! We can have it made up in an Aluminum finish, which is the closest option that seems to be available to us. Please see the image below for an example of what this will look like. 

Note that this is just an example; this handle will not be included with the operator. You would have to reuse the original handle.

That would be amazing I would say in the aluminum finish and just in case it doesn't match with my handle can I order a handle as well?
Profile picture of Tom

We don't have a folding handle in that finish, which appears to be what you have. We  can only provide that as non-folding.

We can provide a folding handle in black, along with a black operator. I'm not sure what color your window is, but this color seems to be trending now so I wanted to see if this could possibly work for you. It may be worth considering.

Yes actually we could do black for everything that would be great
Profile picture of Tom

That's great news! We're working on having stock made up now. It will take a little time but we'll contact you as soon as it's in our catalog for you to review.

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again, Cody! Our new 39-453 Truth Pivot Shoe Roto Awning Window Operator is now online and available for you to review. We believe this will be a great match for your old hardware. Thank you again for your patience while we had this made and please let me know if you have any questions.

Excellent I just ordered two of them up along with the arms I appreciate your help
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you so much! I wanted to say how much we appreciate your patience while we researched this. I'd love to hear how it worked out, or if you had any follow-up questions.

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.