Window latches

A quick learner from JAMAICA says:
The part has a number 11 inside of it
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16732938605424399933128805638931.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16732939032435765096159324252509.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This appears to just be the internal component of a tilt latch assembly. These aren't really sold separately. Would it be possible to see a photo of the entire assembly? That would give me a better idea of this is something that we can supply.

I would like to purchase a window latch with the same specifications as this one
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_165941.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_170022.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_170029.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid these photos don't tell me anything new. As stated before, I need to see the entire assembly, if possible. What you're showing me so far appears to just be one component of a more complete kit.

The covers is exactly the same one I purchased from you the only difference is the size of the component I sent
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you for clarifying. I see that you purchased our 26-420. Is this the product you're referring to? If so, they unfortunately don't make versions of this where the interior component is a different size. As far as I know the 26-420 is made one way and one way only. 

Can you specify exactly what the problem is? I can at least tell you that, reviewing your photos, the 26-420 faces the wrong direction. The latch in your photos looks like it should be the 26-419. Could that be the problem?

I will need you to describe the issue as clearly as possible so that we're on the same page.

The problem that I have is that the angled portion of the window latch that I ordered is too short. I was hoping that you will have one that will be of the same size.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 621487.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have an alternate version of this tilt latch with a different sized tooth. Different teeth were made at one time, some years ago, but they were discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer something we can supply.

Even then, the tooth wasn't so much a different size as it was a shape. They were more curved, to accommodate the shape of the balance in the window track. Yours seems straight and to my knowledge the straight teeth were only ever made in one size.

Either way, if yours is different then it is not a size that we carry. The products you've already purchased are our best and only options. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.