Window part assistance

A quick learner says:
I'm not sure what this part is called but I need to order left and right replacements.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A9DCA559-5767-48BF-AF23-8F09C65971AB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5A7981F4-F60E-46BF-BAC8-09DFF37AA065.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A057394-498F-49AC-898D-C6AD3ACEA388.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5C922E61-2849-44F1-B945-2A018048B590.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is called a coil balance. It looks like you need new springs and a new cover. We can help, but I will also need to see a picture of the pivot shoe; this is a square or rectangular piece of plastic that the spring screw to; it should be below what you're showing me now. Please also tell me how thick the spring is.

A quick learner says:
Hi. I hope these photos help identify the coil balance needed. The spring is 3/8". Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0805.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0802.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0800.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0796.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0795.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! Since your spring is 3/8" thick, and based on the style of the shoe you have here, I recommend the Series 165. You will need the stamp printed on the old spring to choose the best option.

I also recommend the 15-204 cover. This is designed to hold two Series 165 springs.

A quick learner says:
Tom I appreciate your prompt response and assistance! I'm a fan! Swisco is awesome!

Patti
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! You're very kind to say so. Please let me know if you ever had any other questions. We're always here to help.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.