Window part that holds window when snapping window back in

A quick learner from Wilmington nc says:
This picture of the small 1 1/2 part that is in the the track . The piece that hold the part is broken and the part falls to the bottom of the track. The window will fall without resistance. Attached to it is a length of metaltjat sits in the track.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Take a look at our 15-177 Coil Balance Shoe. Compare with your old part and see what you think.

A quick learner from Wilmington nc says:
The pivot shoe is attached to a piece of metal that's coiled in a small plastic part in the center of the channel more sway from very top and very bottom of window. When I removed the screw on the small part the part shot down to the pivot shoe. I then realized that plastic part contained the coil . It scared the shit out of me. The slot that is in the pivot shoe is a tightening screw using it? Turn left to lock in place?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the small part is the coil balance retainer. That's what keeps the coil balance in place, so it makes sense that it shot down. The balance spring should attach to the pivot shoe with a screw, yes. I recommend watching the video below, that should elucidate the proper replacement procedure.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.