Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EA21E7D5-3398-4EDD-A380-CC1372BFDD75.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FE60996B-51C7-4735-83AE-463FDEB41CA4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EC2F4165-5F45-4E77-AAEF-C7A8C8A79243.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we'll need some more information to confirm the parts you need. Your bubble seal looks similar to our 58-135 but you'll need to remove yours to see if the dimensions are the same. We'd also like to see your pivot bar removed from the window, as well as the pivot shoe that it interacts with. Lastly, we'll need to see an undamaged tilt latch removed from the window with the tooth that keeps the sash in place intact to confirm the correct replacement. Thank you!

A home owner from Michigan says:
I hope the attached pictures will aid in finding my repair parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E380D65E-01D7-4DD1-A35D-A5CBEDC58727.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26-
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F9038E54-D056-4B4C-9A73-278AF087B84B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49189497-4BE9-4C76-81D5-A673C3582E2D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the additional photos. I'm having trouble identifying this pivot bar, too. I can tell you right now that we won't have an exact match, but we may be able to substitute it.

Let's break down what a pivot bar has to do, first. Basically, a pivot bar only needs to satisfy two conditions for it to function properly: it needs to fit in the sash and it needs to fit in the pivot shoe. That's why Casey asked to see the shoe, and it is a big help.

I can tell that your shoe looks similar in design to our 15-129. At least, they have the same style metal cam, and that's the only relevant detail for us right now. I know for a fact that you can get a pivot bar like our 26-021 to fit in that metal cam. Even though the style of the tip is different, we still know it will satisfy one of the two conditions.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if it will fit in the sash. That will come down to the placement of the installation screws. It looks like your pivot bar only uses the front one, so review the dimensions we show for the 26-021 and let me know if our front hole is in the same position. We have it labelled at 1-3/8" to the front tip, when measuring from the center of the hole.

Hopefully that all makes sense. I think this part may be a promising candidate as long as that hole placement is the same.

Finally, let's look at your tilt latches. I think you'll want either our 26-244 or 26-243. Look them over and let me know if you agree.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.