Wood Window parts

A quick learner from Opelika, AL says:
I had my home build in 1986 and do not know what brand the windows are. My contractor is deceased and I cannot locate parts locally. I am attaching photos - I need 24. The part measures 1/2" wide (where it fits into plastic groove) 2 1/2" long. There is an integral hook at the top with a 90 degree piece of metal with a screw at the bottom. The metal extends 1/2" from the angle. It also has a tension adjustment. My windows are wood frame with plastic guides (rails) on the sides. Please help!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I hope we can help! Looks like the friction shoe for a spring balance. We don't have an exact match, but you may be able to get our 15-104 to work. It doesn't have that metal bracket, which makes me hesitate to recommend it, but you could see if you can reuse it. See what you think. If it can't work, you may need to get new jambs at a local mill work that still makes wood windows. This kind of hardware isn't that popular anymore, you see, so you may need something new made if our 15-104 can't work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)