Window parts are broken and need to be replaced

A quick learner says:
My Prestige home built in Canada came with Kohler Windows. The bottom pieces that fit into the side metal springs, that slide the window up and down, have broken. The window no longer slide, but can be shoved, up and down and held open with a piece of wood. The window numbers are: KV 376 821046003 and KV 376 821046005 (one larger window and a smaller one, though both may take the same part of this type). Can you help?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

We'll need to see some photos of the parts that you need replaced before we can identify the best replacement option for you. Thanks in advance! 

A quick learner from Amity, Maine, USA 04471 says:
The bottom latches on my Kohler windows that came on my Canadian-made modular home have broken on several windows. These mechanisms allow the windows to go up and down and tilt inward. Without them the bottom windows need a support to stay up, and a few of the windows tend to fall out of their framework. My reference # is D118843. do you have replacement parts for these mechanisms? It looks like they are held in place by one screw.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Based on your description, it sounds like you need your pivot shoes. However I cannot see them in your photos. They are too obscured while they're still installed. You'd need to remove them in order for us to be sure what you have. 

I can say that your pivot bar is similar in design to our 26-446. Whether this is really what you have, I cannot say. I can say that the 26-446 is commonly used with the 15-177 pivot shoe. That may be a place to start, but I still highly recommend removing your shoe from the window to confirm. This is just an educated guess, at best.

OK. I will have to get back to you with more pics. I did find what seems to be the right part out of Canada from what is now Kohltech (no longer Kohler). I have not tried to install yet and will try removing the part I need and photograph it and also replace it with what I got today. If it works, fine. If not I will get back with you. I have a friend who has a lot of replacement windows in apartments that he rents out, and would be interested in finding out what you have so as not to have to replace an entire window, if replacing the part would make it right. Do you have replacement parts for other brands of replacement windows other than Kohler?
Profile picture of Tom

Our replacement parts are (for the most part) intended for any window that happens to use the same hardware. I've never encountered a window that we don't offer at least some hardware for. Get back to us with photos!

Profile picture of Tom

What exactly would you like a video for? We have a ton. If you wanted videos on how to remove pivot shoes in particular, I'll pop a fon this post for you to review. 

Thanks for your response. Is there a video for ? Perhaps on U-tube?
If you have videos on how to remove and replace pivot shoes on Kohler windows that would be great.
Profile picture of Tom

The three videos I just posted would show you how to do that in detail. A Kohler window is no different to work on than any other brand of window.

I've watched all three videos so will be giving it a try later (or at least a look). Thank you!
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.