Window parts need help please

A quick learner from USA says:
I have 3 windows I am repairing. They are all the same make and installed the same year.

first window needs a balance shoe and a plastic left side latch to secure the window into the frame.

2nd window needs the entire channel balance mechanism that is ~21 inches

3rd window needs entire channel balance mechanism also. Looks like 14.75-15 inch piece.

If you sell one, I would like to buy the tool that inserts to pull down the chanel balance and also a few extra shoes as they will wear out over time I suspect.

Can you help direct me on what to order and if you have a video link to replace the channel balances and the plastic latch (although that looks pretty straight forward) . I found the video to replace the shoe.

Thanks a million for your help,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20 7  BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-11-115802_005.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-11-115802_003.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-11-121155_002.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-11-115802_004 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to see an undamaged tilt latch, along with written-out dimensions, to compare to our inventory.

As for your channel balance, take a look at the S795. This balance comes with the 1-1/4" wide 15-195 t-lock shoe. I would recommend removing your shoe from the window to confirm that the dimensions match ours. Take a look at the video below which shows the installation process for these balances in the second half of the video. 

I also see that your channel is stamped with 20 7, which indicates that your sash may be heavier than our stock balances can support. If you could confirm the exact weight of your window sash, we can go from there. Thank you. 

OK...Thanks a million. It looks like the recommendation above is correct with the 15 inch shoe and the 1.25 inch T lock. Here are some photos to confirm that and also to show you the latch dimensions of a working latch. They are the same on all my windows. The weight of the window that needs the shoe is 19 lbs. This window will need the shoe and t lock you indicate above? I can order from your web site. I also want to get extra t locks for the future.

One last question. These run in vinyl tracks. Should they be lubricated throughout the house? With what kind of lubricant?

I was able to fix one of the windows after watching your awesome videos. The string was caught and I was able to release it and it worked.

Thanks so much for this personal service. Terrific.

Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-18-130441_002.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-18-130452_002.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-18-131531.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named signal-2022-10-18-133708.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, Joe. I agree with Casey's recommendations. The only thing I would add is that the default 15-195 shoe that comes with our Series 795 assembly appears to be a little different from yours. This new batch of photos you have here shoes a hole in the back end of the shoe, which would be a better match for our 15-195B. That hole is the only difference. This shoe can be purchased separately and then you can just pop it onto the balance when you get them. They're very easy to swap out, they just click on and off.

Alternate view of 15-195B
Alternate view of 15-195B

As for your tilt latch, I'm very confident that what you have here is a match for our 26-393B. Look it over and let me know if you agree, or had any questions about this part.

Dimensions for 26-393B
Dimensions for 26-393B

Lastly, concerning lubrication of your tracks, I like to use silicone spray. Make sure to clean the tracks thoroughly, first, to clear out any dust or debris that might have gathered over the years. Then a coat of silicone spray should make balance operation smooth. You can pick that up at any local hardware store.

Thanks for the support. I agree with your recommendations. One question since you did not comment on the weight, I got the 20 inch one to work so dont need to order that. It is the Series 795 assembly 15 inch that I need and it looks like the weight limit on the "D" configuration is 19 lbs and my window weighs 23 lbs. Is this going to be a problem? Or do you have something that supports more weight? I was only planning on replacing one side but your site says I should consider replacing both. Thoughts?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry for overlooking that detail in your post! The 15D definitely won't work for a 23 pound sash. Please give me a little time to look into that and I'll get back to you ASAP!

As for how many to replace, you should always change both sides at the same time. Balance springs get weaker over time, so what ends up happening is the new balance will carry most of the sash load by itself. That causes the new hardware to wear out way faster than it ought to. Replacing both sides at the same time will avoid that issue entirely, since the load will be distributed evenly.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.