Window replacement operators

A quick learner from Shelby, Montana says:
I have some very old looking window casements and some of the operators have either stripped the gearing or have come out of the framework. I have some numbers off the old mechanism but not sure which unit to purchase if they will fit the existing locations? I have one operator out and it show a TRUTH 30842R and I need to know the replacement numbers for both right and left? I tried to upload some pictures from my Motorola razor phone but it won't work, if you need pictures for measurements I can get out the digital camera and it uploads better and better quality pics also.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
When I cross-reference that number, I don't get any operator in particular. A few pictures of the operator would be a huge help. Keep in mind that I will have to see the entire operator, including the arms. Thanks!
A quick learner from Shelby, Montana says:
Here are some pictures with the digital camera and you can see the number stamped on the arm.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. I think our 39-036 looks like our closest possible match. I can't guarantee that it will work, though. You will have to closely compare the dimensions we show for the 39-036 to your own hardware and see how they line up.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.