Window spring and locks

A quick learner says:
I am looking for a spring rod balance system 28 inches long, spring is 12 1/2 inches. I am also looking for window locks these are 2 3/4 inch.

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named spring  window rod.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named spring window rod (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named spring rod (3).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window lock (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window lock (2).jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your balance is an old crossbow-type balance that unfortunately hasn't been made in many years. The good news is that we have a working replacement. See our Series 795. This should do the trick, but just make sure the diameter of your spring is 1/2" in diameter. Any smaller and our part won't work. I also highly recommend watching the video below, since the process of replacement is a little involved. The video will walk you through it step by step.

Concerning the lock, can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center?

A quick learner says:
The distance between the installation holes is 2 inches
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to say that we don't have a lock in this style with that kind of hole spacing. You may want to double check that just in case. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not their edges.

A quick learner says:
2 1/16th is from the center of each hole
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! In that case, I think you should consider our 90-278. Look it over and see if you could use this as a replacement.

Dimensions for 90-278
Dimensions for 90-278
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.