Window tension Springs and Keep in window track

A contractor from Flemington New Jersey says:
Looking to find replacement parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1559586499207241755032.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15595866637091984137035.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you need to replace your spiral balances and pivot shoes. We can definitely help you with both, but we're going to need more information to be able to help.

For the Spiral Balances:

  • You will need to determine the diameter of the outer tube. If it is 3/8", you will need a Series 900 Spiral Balances. If it is 5/8", see our Series 600 Spiral Balances.
  • Measure the length of the outer tube, not including or beyond the colored tip, to determine the length you need. 
  • Select a red color tip option. 

For your pivot shoe, you will need to take the shoe out of the window and measure the width and thickness. Then see if those measurements match the 15-046, 15-047, or 15-118 to start. If you need help or are uncertain, give us the measurements and we'll help you identify the right replacement.

If you need help removing your pivot shoe, see the video below.  

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)