Window won't stay open

A quick learner from Atlanta, Georgia says:
I am looking for a balance for Gorell 5100 series I had installed in 2005. Gorrell has gone out of business (bankrupt) and the company that bought their assets stopped honoring the lifetime warranty years ago and no longer carries the parts. Don't know if this will help but some numbers associated with window: G5155 313/4 x 73 1/2 and 0467 31027400/001.

Fingers crossed - I have run into many dead-ends on this. The company that bought Gorrell's assets is Soft Lite. I was told they make a similar window but the customer service was of no help. She heard the word Gorrell and wanted nothing to do with me.
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken part.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Good window.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. See our 15-087 Pivot Shoe, as well as the 15-086 Tandem Housing. This Pivot Shoe is compatible with our Series 180 Coil Balances. To know what spring weight you should use, look for stamp numbers on the coil springs themselves. If there are none, or you are unsure, give us the exact weight of your window sash and we'll work out what you need. 

Thank you for your quick response, my apologies for taking so long to get back to you but I finally was able to get the window weighed. There were no stamp numbers on the coil spring.

The window sash weighs 35 lbs.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

No worries. We are happy to hear from you. You can use two of the S180-9 coil springs on each side to be able to hold up the sash. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you, so I need 2 housing units and 2 springs for each side. How many brackets? How many screws? Anything else I need? Sorry for all questions, just a girl trying to keep a window open for fresh air....
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You could reuse your old brackets if they're in good condition. If they're broken, too, though, then you'll need one 16-024 bracket and 33-072 screw for each side. Refer to the diagram below for an idea of how this is all set up.

Detail of 15-086
Detail of 15-086
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.