Window won't stay up. Plastic piece stuck and other piece broke.

A quick learner from USA says:
My window won't stay up and I think I need to replace these small plastic parts and the box thing that they go into. One of the small plastic pieces broke and left part of it in the box and won't come out. The other box has a plastic piece that didn't break but is still stuck in there.

Both also have a plastic piece that doesn't get stuck.

I have no idea how windows get put together and can't find who installed them. So I thought I'd buy 2 new boxes and new plastic pieces to fix it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C723C949-F4E6-42FD-9447-9D4B18997EA4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DA4127B4-BAF5-4F46-961A-BA13CEA88941.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 231AFEA5-5C1F-45B9-9183-EA4BAF62FFB4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D304D371-96C9-4E45-91B2-FD9F81F57C6B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C184B725-B4C6-42B4-AA58-412A625EAD9E.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It looks like you have an old Simonton coil balance. We don't carry this exact system but you can replace it with our 15-259 pivot shoe and Series 159 coil springs. Take a look at the video below. This will walk you through the entire replacement process and the other parts you'll need for this repair. 

There should be a number stamped on the original coil that indicates the strength option. If not, you'll need to remove and weigh your window sash. Then, you'll divide the weight by the number of coils on both sides of the window to determine the correct strength option. If you're still unsure, give me the exact sash weight and I can work out what you need from there. 

A quick learner from USA says:
Is there just a pivot shoe that I can buy that will work with the existing coil balance? I got it all apart and the other parts look good, just the pivot shoe needs replaced.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

You could try the 15-192 but you'd need to file down the "nubs" on its face and the overall thickness may also need need to be reduced for it to even fit in the track. Even then, it may not work. Your old shoe just isn't made anymore, unfortunately. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.