Window won't stay up, missing both channel balances

A home owner from Palm Bay, Florida says:
Hi my name is Marilyn,
I have a living room window that is missing the channel balances, the window can be easily taken completely out. The only information I can find on the window is a sticker that says milestone single hung series 1000. I would like to know how to figure out which channel balance I will need. Other then measuring the window is their anything else I need to provide?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Marilyn, thanks for writing in. Is this a non-tilt window, i.e. it can't be tilted inward for cleaning? Is there an identical or similar-sized window in the house with the balances intact? If so, can you remove one of those balances and show us pictures of the nylon fittings on both ends? See the videos on this page for assistance. Finally, for the window sash in question, we need the exact weight of the sash (this can be procured by placing the sash on a bathroom scale), as well as the height of visible glass in the sash. We'll do our best to narrow this down from there. 

A home owner from Palm Bay, FL says:
Thanks Bob for the quick response. My window is non-tilt, I took pictures of the balance from my master room window which is a little smaller then my living room window. The weight of the sash is 28.6 lbs and the height is 28 in. I also took pictures of the end cap that is broken, not sure if that needs to be replaced.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1608FFE0-B841-4CB7-8ACF-6A806F44FB10.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DC6FA17B-E5CE-4509-92E4-D3BDAC3E817A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 03DA30EA-43C3-41B3-9CCA-180AE0E648F3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 706804F9-93BC-4A64-A383-77E977A453EE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E5A5F432-AACA-4278-AEB2-76D2FE99CFA2.jpeg
A home owner from Palm Bay, FL says:
Here are the photos of end cap.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 80EFDB27-A0CB-4013-9CA9-982ED4F9DF03.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6CDD385F-F0EB-4E93-B1F9-6757FF7A6B64.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C362F41-5BF2-4CF1-86E9-5580990FDFC3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B2910BB-0251-46A6-8481-12446C9910D9.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos, Marilyn. It looks like you might have the Series 380 Channel Balance. This balance has top and bottom fittings with wings, or side tabs, as yours does. The bottom shoe has a depth of 1". The depth can be thought of as the 'heel-to-toe' measurement of the bottom fitting. Please confirm your balance has that same shoe depth; let us know if it differs at all. 

To be clear, is the visible glass height 28"? If so, you should need a balance that is 1" longer, so see our S380-29. If the sash weighs exactly 28.6 pounds, use stamp option 2850, which will support a sash in the weight range of 28 through 32 pounds. Finally, for a Top Sash Guide see if the 18-180 has dimensions that match what you need. 

A quick learner from Palm Bay, FL says:
Bob,
Thanks so much for all your help! Yes the visible glass height is 28". I'll be sure to use stamp option you recommended when I purchase.
Thanks again, you guys are awesome!
-Marilyn
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.