Windows Channel Balance and Inner Stopper

A quick learner from Dublin, CA says:
Hi,

I'm trying to identify a windows channel balance with the following text printed on it:

27 4 EX CMC 4

I also realized that the inner "stopper" that needs to be extended out in order to remove the channel balance is also missing on one side of the window. Do you sell this part as well? If not, is there a way to remove and replace the channel balance without it? Please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Jesper
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jesper. That stamp only tells us the strength of the balance. To know its identity, you'll have to remove it and show us good pictures of the nylon fittings on either end. From there I should be able to ID it for you. As far as the take-out clip, we carry the 16-002; but if this was not the design of your original clip it won't work. The other method is to drill screws into the window jamb just below where the take-out clips once were. You can then use the head of the screws to 'catch' the balances during removal and replacement. This isn't an ideal solution since you have to remove the screws when the window's in normal use, but it's your best bet if the 16-002 isn't what you need.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.