Windows counterbalance part that moves

A home owner from Seattle, WA says:

This is the part that moves up and down in the track for the double hung vinyl windows. The window 'slides' 14.5 inches and weighs 15 pounds.

I'm also looking for the part that stays 'fixed' in one place which the spring attach onto.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Counterbalance_HW_5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Counterbalance_HW_7.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Counterbalance_HW_8.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Counterbalance_HW_1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Counterbalance_HW_2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looks like you need a new coil balance system. Thanks to your helpful pictures, I have a pretty good idea of what you need. See our 15-175 shoe and Series 152 spring to start out. 

We don't have that exact cover in your last two photos, but the parts I mentioned are compatible with our 15-143 and 15-144 bushings and 15-145 drum. These sandwich over the spring to keep it stable in the track.

You also mention that your sash is 15 pounds. That's a bit awkward for this kind of spring. They usually support sashes with an even number weight, since you distribute the load evenly between each side of the window. You could use the S152-7, two of which can support 14 pounds, or you can use our S152-8, two of which can support 16 pounds. The first option will be a little weaker while the second option might be a little too strong.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.