Windows repair

A quick learner from Pa says:
My top window falls right down when unlocked what to do to repair. Also the bottom window locks to the frame a have broken off need to put new ones in
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If your windows cannot stay open, or slam shut, then its likely you need new window balances. There's many different kinds, and without pictures of the hardware needed I can't start to narrow down what you might need. Read more about all our window balances here. Any other hardware needed we will also need photos of, with the parts preferably removed. Many thanks. 

Here r the pictures of what I need to replace also can u tell me how to remove n install
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20211104_104234628.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20211104_104208202.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20211104_103901341.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the photos. This looks like a 15-199 Pivot Shoe. This shoe uses 1/2" thick Series 160 or 3/8" thick Series 165 Coil Balances. To know which you need, you'll need to remove your old assembly and measure the thickness of the springs. The video below shows how to remove and replace coil balance assemblies. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Here r the pictures of part I need the band is half inch wide it is the top window I need how to remove n install
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20211115_100225033.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20211115_100214977.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

If the coil is 1/2" thick, then you need the Series 160 Coil Springs. The video I posted above should cover removal and replacement details for this setup. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Do I have to replace all the parts like the bands
Profile picture of Bob

Coil balance systems are modular, meaning you only need to replace individual components, and so anything that isn't snapped or damaged you can reuse. Note with coil springs though that when one fails, there's a reasonable chance the others aren't far behind, so it may behoove you to replace them all anyways. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.