Questions about secondary door locks

A home owner from California says:

Does the 33-016P screw fit the SECONDARY PATIO DOOR LOCK, WINGED and SECONDARY PATIO DOOR LOCK, WINGLESS?

What is the bolt's diameter of the 82-040?

Can the 82-051 be mounted to the track that's in front of the sliding door (the bolt would go into holes already drilled into the bottom of the slider frame)?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Both the 82-040 and 82-051 are designed to install using #8 screws, but the length is variable. That depends more on your door than the lock. You have to be sure the screw isn't so long that it hits the glass, but still long enough to secure it. You really need to use one of the old screws as a reference.

The diameter of the bolt for both the 82-040 and 82-051 is approximately 9/32".

I'm not sure that I understand your third question. The 82-040 and 82-051 are designed to install on the door itself, near the bottom of the frame.

A quick learner from Kettering, Ohio says:
Can this be installed new? Can I drill holes in sliding door and install? Or, is this only for replacement, not recommended for new installation. Thank you
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

While I can't be certain, if there's room on the lower face of the active door you might be able to install either the 82-040 or 82-051. You'd then need to also install one of our keepers: the 82-052, 82-053, or 82-054. There's no way to know for sure if this could work for you, but we've done it before on other jobs. Note that a simpler, old school solution would be to use a security bar lock instead like our 80-006

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.