adding cylinder lock

Quick Learner from Louisiana
Jun 15, 2018 9:00 pm
Hello
After searching by patent number and measurements of my patio door, I finally found this website. I believe it is the same model as 82-005. My sliding door has the punch out to allow for adding the cylinder lock, but i'm not sure which of your cylinders will work with this model the 82-310 or the 82-303, any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jun 19, 2018 9:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I am sure we can help you with this. Before we can answer your question, could we have you send over photos of the hardware you have been using? We'd like to see if we share the same recommendations or if there are other possible alternatives. 

Quick Learner from Louisiana
Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am
Thank you for your response.
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It appears that you have a handle set similar to the 82-005. If your handle set is in good working order, you can either "knock" or drill out the key plug in your existing handle to install the 82-310. Or, you can purchase the exterior handle with a key cylinder included: the 82-306. Please take a look at the related video to judge if this is something you can manage:

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts