alternate surface mount keeper

Quick Learner from Florida
Apr 29, 2024 4:02 pm

I have an old style 82-005. For some reason, I have been missing the strike latch that screws into the jamb. I've installed the new style latch, but it's still not quite right. I was able to go next door to my neighbor and take his old style off to see if it would work on mine and it does. The sliders were installed in this condo complex back in '84.

One of the condo's owners must have taken off the latch to install a pet door(which is no more).

I went to the neighbor's condo and they kindly let me photograph their lock and latch as well as take their latch (keeper) off to see if it would work in mine and it does. I've tried the updated keeper and, even though it works, it's not a great fit.

I've attached pics of my door handle.

Margoman 2 Margoman 1 Margoman 4 Margoman 3
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 1:53 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm sorry to say that we don't sell the keeper you show in these photos. I'm surprised that the keeper that comes with our 82-005 isn't a good fit, though; this is explicitly designed to work with the handle set it comes with. It may be you need to drill new holes to adjust its position so as to better align with the handle latch, but I'm not sure what work you've already tried with it.

Otherwise, we don't sell this exact keeper. The one that comes with the 82-005 set is the only option available.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts