atruim windows

A home owner from Las Vegas says:
I am in need of channel balances.

I find 31-5 CA2 CMC 4 on one of the existing balances.

The "lower window" measures approximately 35 high by 33.5 wide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 31-5 stamp
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thank you for posting. We will need to see photos of the balance removed from the window. Please include the end attachments at either end of the metal channel in your photos please.  

Thanks! 

I hope these photos are what you need
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180403_082734.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180403_082746.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180403_082943.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the additional photos! 

It looks like you have our S395-32 channel balance. I would consider selecting the 3150 option at checkout to match your 31-5 stamp. Let me know what you think! 

Thank you, Just to verify, is the 3150 option a weight of the "lower window"? The one I have weights about 23 pounds.

I think I should order a couple of clips also, I am including a photo of the clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180405_141508.jpg
Sorry, I just scrolled down and saw the options meaning. According to the sash weight I found by weighing the windows 3140 is sufficient, is it better to go with the heavier rated channel balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Not necessarily. You don't want it to be too strong or else the window will pull up after you close it. I only suggested the 3150 because your old stamp read "31-5." If your sash is 23 pounds then our 3140 should work well.

For the take out clip, see our 16-002.

Since I have 14 windows to deal with (eventually) I decided to order two of the 3150 and two of the 3140 for now and see which works better before I order the rest.

Thank you for your help
Profile picture of Tom

That sounds like a good idea. Let us know if they work for you!

Really glad that I got the 3140. It is perfect. The window sash works much better than all the others.
I had always struggled with pulling the windows down while closing the latches. I also noticed that the top of the sashes are kind of bowed. I think this might be caused by the constant pressure from the current channel balance being too strong and over time the vinyl deformed.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm so glad to hear we were able to get those windows working better than ever! Keep an eye on the tops of the sashes to see if the new balances help with your bowing issue. You may want to eventually seek out a repair company, if it gets worse.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.