awning window operator right hand

A quick learner from Brooklyn says:
Hello,
I want to replace the window operator arm for my bathroom window. I attached some pics. I can't send any installed because the bottom cracked.

Pic 1 and 3 are the full operator. Pic 2 is the arm..if I measured correctly it is 2" 1/8th, from screw to hole. Arm itself measures 2" 3/4. The connection hole is 3/8". Pic 4 is the top install screw, pic 5 is the bottom 2 screws, but from another operator which did not fit, same set up.

Hope someone can help. Sorry can't find any marking on the operator, it is old.

Any other info you may need from me please let me know.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Start by looking at our 39-193 and 39-194. Go over all the dimensions as well as the orientation and offset of the link arm, and let me know if this matches what you need.

Hello,
Thank you for the suggestion. Neither will fit. The arm needs to be 2 1/8". The ones you sugested are both 2 3/8"

The 3/8" connection hole is perfect..arm is too long.

Any other suggestions?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I think you'll still be okay. The linkage on these windows are designed with a certain amount of play, so you can get away with a difference in arm size. 

Hello,
We tried. I have one with a 2"3/8's arm and it hits when it comes fully closed. It is a old window.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Usually even though the link arm is longer by 5/16" of an inch the "travel" in the gearing normally makes up for the difference in arm length. However you did say you tried an operator with a longer arm and could not get the window to operate. I did check our suppliers to see if I could come up with another operator with the same arm length, but none could be found. Check when operating the window it is not hanging up on something other than the link arm. If not you might need to swap the arm off your existing operator and install it onto the new operator. You will need to check with a hardware store in your area to see if they can supply you with the correct rivet to reinstall the arm.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.