balance for double hung windows

A home owner from Stony Point NY says:
I am looking for balances for my windows. Best pictures I can get above. When I looked at you full catalog they were pictured with the other type of balances. However, when I clicked on the picture they were not there. I think they were pictured in the middle. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated! My windows are in great shape other than this. Thank you!

PS I would also need any parts that go with them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20170421_112430.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20170421_112515.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20170421_112521.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190424_161815.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing. We no longer supply these old block & tackle rod balances; but they can be replaced by one of our channel balances. To know which you need, I need to see any attachments to this block & tackle rod. From there we can recommend the right replacement. Many thanks.

Thanks for your help. The pictures below show the parts that were attached to these balances.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20170421_112515.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20170421_112521.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190426_073914.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190426_090509.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190426_090516.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you! That's exactly what we need to see. You can use our Series 795 to replace your old balance, though the method of replacement is a little involved. I highly recommend watching the video below for a more detailed walkthrough.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Bob

You're very welcome. Do let us know if you need anything else!

Hi I replace my balances in one window. Very easy thanks to your help. however, the window pops open unless it's locked. Why would this happen? thanks for your help
Profile picture of Bob

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! It sounds like your balance is too strong. I see you went with our 27C option, which can support sashes weighing 17 through 22 pounds. How heavy is your sash? You may want to consider going down to the 27B option, which carries 11 through 17 pounds.

Thanks so much! It only pops open few inches but I would like to fix the windows right. My scale may be off. I will try the 27B. I really appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Bob

My pleasure. Let us know how you make out this time. If you need to return the old balances, you can see details of our Return Policy here.

I received my new parts today. I fixed 2 windows and they work great! Thank you I really appreciate all your help!
Profile picture of Bob

Awesome. Thanks so much for considering our business, we really do appreciate. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to ask.

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.