balance part number

A home owner from michigan says:
My tilt window, 60x46 Carefree window needs replacement spiral springs and shoes. The spring is 29", black tip, 3/8". What part number do I need? The shoe is 1/2" thick x2" height x 1" wide. What part number and tool do I need?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I can't believe Carefree would make such a large window using only 3/8" diameter tubes. Our S900-29 balance matches your specs, but I don't know if it will hold.

You are going to have to weigh your sash with a bathroom scale and give me the weight, just to be sure. As for the shoe, it may be our 15-173. Check it out and see if that matches.
A home owner from michigan says:
I too have same window, same problem. Lower window weighs 26 lbs. what did you use, and did it work?
Profile picture of Paul
I recommend our Green Tip. Two S900-29 balances with a Green Tip can carry a window sash weight of 14 through 26 pounds. We also have a Yellow Tip, two of which can carry 24 through 34 pounds, but it will have to be custom made for you. Personally, I prefer the Yellow Tip, so let me know if that's the route you wish to take and we can work from there.
A home owner from Michigan says:
I think I will go with the yellow tip as you suggested. I also need the charging tool. Is 75-006 the right one? Shoe 15-046 looks more like what is in my window. Did you see the pictures I sent. How does it compare with 15-173?
Profile picture of Paul
We did not receive any pictures from you, but you can examine the images we have for all of the shoes found on our site. We have detailed dimensions for each one.

As for the balance, check out this custom spiral balance request form that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.

The correct charging tool is our 75-006, yes.
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.