balance replacement

A quick learner from Pembroke Pines FL says:
We have 14 PGT single hung windows that all have some problem. Some with broken top sashes and run-away balances and some with stuck balances. Before diving into a repair I would like to have replacement parts on hand. I am not confident in selecting the correct parts and would like your help. Here is what I know:
I think they are series 4000 as per the attached picture.
single hung
One of the run-away balances has the number 3520 stamped on it

I will need balances and top sashes.

I think your replacement parts are:
S350-20 and 18-110

Thanks in advance.


User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm afraid I cannot identify what you have based on that sticker alone. I can say that PGT windows have been known to use our Series 395 balance and 18-015 top sash guide, but considering that these differ from the parts you picked out I think it would be best if you were to show us a few pictures of your hardware. Please make sure we can clearly see both ends of the balance. Please also provide measurements for all your hardware, especially the top sash guide.
A handy person from Pembroke Pines, FL says:
Thank you, I have since pulled a balance and measured the top bottom and length. Your are correct. The corresponding part is series S395 and the top sash is 18-015.
I might add that these PGT windows disassemble very easily exposing all replaceable parts and anyone with basic repair skills can repair them.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, glad it was that easy. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)