balances

A quick learner says:
I'm working on some windows that have some sort of long spring that attaches to the window sash and to a narrow pivot shoe. The top of the breaks over time (it's plastic) it's a pretty common problem with these windows but I cannot identify the parts if they are available or if they can even be replaced. I had to pry it out pretty hard just to remove the broken shoe and spring. I attached some photos of the broken parts as well as one with the spring & pivot shoe still intact. Please let me know if you guys know what make/type of windows these are. (They are double hung, tilting windows). I can measure the spring lengths as they vary depending on the size of the windows but the pivot shoes are all the same. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3414.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3420.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3418.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3415.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3419.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

The only part we can offer is our 15-104 friction shoe that holds the spring inside the track, unfortunately. I'm afraid we can't help with your jamb liners with naked springs. For wood windows, a local millwork may be able to supply these parts. If the windows are vinyl, you'll need to contact the original manufacturer. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.