block and tackle window balalnce

A home owner from San Francisco says:

Hi there!

I thought I would have to replace my whole window, but then I found your website. The old vinyl sash window has no brand name that I can find.

The sash weighs about 17 lbs. I don't have the hook part you ask for in the video. I think i threw it out with the broken cord. I hope I have provided enough information for an identification.

Thanks

Paul 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0719.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0720.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0721.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0723a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0724.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you have either our S351-24, with a 15-002 bottom attachment, or S390-24, with a 15-001 bottom attachment. Take a look at the image below to determine which balance you'll need. If take out clips are needed, please see our 16-002.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

The spring strength you had was a 2340, but since your window sash weighs 17 pounds I would recommend using stamp option 2330 instead so the window sash functions properly. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

A home owner from San Francisco says:
Hi Lauren,
Thanks so much for your response. It was extremely helpful. I am going to go with the S390-24 with the 15-001 bottom attachment. I'm going to order 3 just to have an extra on hand. I have also ordered some top sash guides and take out clips. I think this is going to work.
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Great to hear! Please let us know if we can assist with future repairs. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.