bottom pivot bracket and pivot removal

A handy person from Howell MI says:
Hello,
I believe I have a bi-fold closet door with Swisco hardware. It has a square/rectangular door guide cap (on top-see photo) which leads me to believe it is Swisco.

Anyway, I have one door where the bottom pivot has been riding in the metal part of the bottom pivot bracket for years possibly and needs repairing.

My question is, should I remove the old pivot from the door and replace with a new one? My old one looks a bit bent. If I should, how do I remove it? I don't want to damage the door. I will replace the broken bottom pivot guide.

I've included pics of one door that is in good condition for comparison.

thank you,
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220203_202631989.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220203_202802416.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220203_202827191.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220203_202807268.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220203_202656946.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We do not manufacture doors or the hardware that they use but I think that we may carry suitable replacements for the parts in your photos. Keep in mind that you only need to replace the parts that are broken. 

To start with, take a look and compare the 23-112 top and 23-113 bottom pivots to yours. These are usually pressure fit into the door, so you should be able to pull them out of the door to replace them. They are also adjustable. We also carry the 23-301 bottom pivot bracket, which looks like a match to the one in your photos. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.