replacement carriage

A quick learner says:
we need to locate a replacement carriage for the attached photo
User submitted a photo of a spiral window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. This part is known as a pivot lock shoe. Can you confirm the width and thickness of the shoe? You may want to remove it from the window before you measure to ensure that your dimensions are as accurate as possible.
A quick learner says:
Our technician was out and has written down that the height measures 2 1/8" and the width measures 1 3/8", but I do not have a measurement for the depth, is that what you need to identify the part?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes. Height doesn't really matter than much, just the width and thickness. 1-3/8" is kind of a peculiar width, too, so you may want to confirm that. It's highly recommended that you remove the shoe before you measure it.
A quick learner says:
We had the technician go out and measure the shoe after removing it and the measurements are: 1 1/4" wide, 2" tall, and 1/2" deep. Can you identify the part with these measurements?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, that helps a lot. I recommend our 15-046 based on this information. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A quick learner says:
I think that is the EXACT part we need!! Thank you soooo much for your help!
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.