casement window arm/crank

A home owner from Columbus, Ohio says:
We have casement windows that were installed in 1972. The hardware for the windows is an unusual shape and there is a 'pin' that should sit on top of the arm that holds the hardware in place that allows the window to open. Unfortunately, we cannot find the type of window - there are no markings on the window (frame or glass) that would help us know who the manufacturer is. Any chance you can help us? We were wondering if we could either get the pin for the window or new hardware.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3821F54E-79B4-4A78-A16B-C3C58C066CAE_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DEF6A7EE-FA56-4002-8B94-7F310FB7ABC3_1_105_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for writing in. I think I know what this is, but in order to be sure could you please show me the wheel or clip at the end of the long arm? I'd also like to see the placement of the handle (if it is centered or offset). Thanks! 

Hi Julia - the windows are at our second home - i will go and take a picture of it - I'm pretty sure the handle is offset (not centered) but I want to check. Also, there is a clip at the end of the long arm. I have a picture of it but it is not very clear - I will also take a better picture of this. In the meantime, here is the not-so-clear photo.
Profile picture of Casey

Okay, great! I'll await those photos. I want to be sure I have all the necessary information before I recommend anything. Thanks!

Hi Julia - here are the photos of the pin and the offset handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window hardware with pin and mechanism.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pin for arm assembly casement window.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named offset handle for casement window.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Hi there, thanks for these follow up pictures. We don't carry just that pin, but I believe we can help if you're interested in replacing the operator as a whole. It looks like you could have either our 39-031/39-032 or 39-155/39-156. You will need to review their dimensions and compare them to your own to determine the appropriate part. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.