casement window crank

A home owner from USA says:
casement window crank
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm a little confused by your picture. In the first, it looks like the link arm is under the gear arm. However in your second picture, the link arm appears to be above the link arm. Can you confirm which configuration you need? It may seem like a small detail but it is important.
A home owner from MiddleburyConnecticut says:
Hi Mike the link arm is above the gear arm like in second picture!
A quick learner from Middlebury Connecticut says:
Hi Tom I apologize I called you mike !Tom the second picture is right ,the link arm is above the gear arm.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for clarifying. How about our 39-387 and 39-388? These looks like they could be what you need.
A home owner from Middlebury Connecticut says:
Hi Tom please get back to me on reference #d73007.Tom I been emailing you and I needto know the splitarm casement crank you suggested will work seeing the sizes of the arms are different from my crank!
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid I haven't received your emails, sorry about that! Can you confirm the difference in size? Exactly what is the length of your existing arm?

If the difference is too much, you may be able to swap the link arms out. What we've done in the past was drill out the arms on both, then install the old link arm on the new operator using the 62-014 rivet. That may be a possibility worth considering.
A home owner from Middlebury Connecticut says:
Hi Tom it's Nick my reference#is d73007my casement crank measure41/2 long on the gear arm and 31/2 on the connecting arm.
Toomey the crank you suggested is the39388but it measures43/4 on the gear arm by 31/8 on the connection arm.Do you think it would work?
Profile picture of Tom
That difference may be a bit too significant. You could adjust the mounting bracket to which the link arm attaches, if you have the room. You could also try swapping the arms like I suggested above. I'm sorry we couldn't offer a closer replacement.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.