channel balance 380

A quick learner from us says:
I got the balance springs in and it's really tight. It's sort of chewed up the lower section. Maybe I need the other smaller ones. I ordered S380

Also ? do you guys sell weather stripping that goes at the bottom?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It seems like you might need the 7/8" deep 15-029 bottom fitting. We'd be happy to provide these balances for you but it will need to be a custom order. To get started, please confirm how many balances you need, with the minimum being two, as well as the stamp code printed on your balance channel.

As for your weatherstripping, we may be able to provide a replacement but we would need to see an end profile photo of yours uninstalled to compare to our inventory. Thank you!

My last order was for 6 and I might just need to return them. I'm stamped with a 2950. Let me try cleaning the tracks to see if they can work. I'll reply back soon but in the meantime, can you send me a quote for the 7/8" bottom fitting.

Thanks Craig
Profile picture of Casey

I just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. Keep in mind that the link I sent you would not be eligible for return since they will need to be custom made but if you need to send back the S380 balances that you purchased, you can find our full return policy here. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

Ok, was able to shave the bushing down and the window slides beautifully. Need a couple more parts, the clips at the top of the sash that lock the spring assembly and the weather stripping. See photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0B94E9E3-044E-468B-B519-FAA905137B1A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6BEE7483-E4D6-4374-817E-98070BFB5E60.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FFF0DDC8-B9AD-4DC2-89F5-791B914AC2A0.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Take a look and compare the dimensions listed on the 58-135 bubble seal product page to your assembly. It also sounds like you're looking for new take-out clips. If so, compare the specifications of the 16-002 to your original part.

Check out these clips I'm looking for. Do you have these?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FA550B24-1489-4A2A-BEE1-FD6F5826C298.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B9143CD6-BE15-45B1-B2FA-2580E585668F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 118AA13E-70E2-40B4-AB0E-100F8E56CC14.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Sure, take a look and compare the specifications of the 18-161 top sash guide to yours. 

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.