channel balance with a hook

A quick learner from usa says:
Attached is 1 of 6 pictures I am sending you to identify the channel balance parts I need to replace in 3 aluminum tilt in windows. I would also appreciate any advice you have toward how to replace them since my windows do not seem to be the same type as the DIY videos give instructions for.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220116_161046.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220116_161013.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220116_161020.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220116_161003.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220116_161024.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Can you confirm this is a 29" metal channel? If so, I believe you might need a S770-29 Channel Balance for a tilt window, but with a 62-105 Hook attached on bottom. This is not the standard configuration of this balance but we'd be happy to provide it for you via custom order. If you could confirm the length, and also tell me the exact weight of the window sash that these balances support, I can get this going for you. 

Yes it is 29" long...and since the last 2 digits are 40 I'm guessing that means 40lbs
Profile picture of Bob

No, I'm afraid that's not what the last two numbers mean with this specific balance. The '40' designates a specific weight range, but because this is an older rating system we can't rely on it. Could you weigh the window sash, perhaps on a bathroom scale? Give us that exact weight and we can then work out what you need right away. 

It weighs 27 lbs...but when I took the sash out I saw no apparent place to connect the hook from the channel balance
Profile picture of Bob

I just sent you an email with a purchase link enclosed to order a pair of 29" Series 770 balances with the 62-105 hook attached. The balances will be stamped 29D, which means they can support a window sash in the weight range of 23 through 28 pounds. The hooks should attach to pivot shoes further down the window tracks. The pivot shoes are plastic blocks with cams from which the window can tilt inward. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.