3654 Peachtree channel window ballance ID

A contractor from New York says:
Hi,

here are photos of my channel balance from a peach tree double hung window. the channel is 23 1/4" long 1/2" wide. there are no plastic ends, only the metal channel. It screws to the window through holes near the ends in the bottom of the channels - I can not tell from your photos if your 23-1/4" Peachtree Balance Product Code: S745-23 has these holes. It is a metal window so the location of these holes are important (not like I can screw it anywhere into a wood window). the mounting holes are 1/2" from the spring end and 3/16" from the pulley end. The sash weighs 16LBS.

The ID on the channel is 6354 Caldwell BM. I think your S745-23 22.25-3 seems correct BUT cross referencing the Cadwell number elseware seemed to indicate that my current channels are for a 20 - 23 LB sash

which channel and stamp option do you recommend?

thanks

Paul P

User submitted photos of a window balance.
don't know if you need this info as well:
the window itself measures approximately 52" high by 31" wide
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Paul. Yes, our Series 745 Peachtree balance has holes on both ends with your dimensions. I would recommend our S745-23. For a 20-23 lb. sash, I also recommend that you use the 22.25-4 option.
Thank you Paul,

Just to be sure, you are recommending the 22.25-4 option for a 20-23 lb. sash.

My sash weighs 16 LBS. Why are you recommending the option for a heavier sash? Does it have to do with the 3654 or the BM on my original balance?

Thanks again

Paul P
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I'm sorry. I was just basing that off of your old stamp. I wasn't sure what your old sash weight was. Now that I know what your sash weight is, you'd probably be better off with the 22.25-3 option.
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.