coil balance S140-23

A quick learner from Myrtle Beach, SC says:
i bought your: S140-23 coil balance

the ones I have pulled out are labeled: 3.0 35" P (there are 2 of these coils) and 4.0 35" P ( there is 1 of these)

I have already installed what I ordered but the window sash is not moving without me using a ton of force. Also; I installed the new coil balance in the same spot as the old ones and it gets in the way of the tilt in buttons on the sash. Do I have the wrong ones?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure the S140-33 was a correct match? They are not universal. You might have an egress window that uses 3/8" wide springs, like our S165-3 and S165-4, which work with the 15-111 pivot shoe.

If you want, you can take pictures of your old shoe and spring and we can try to match it up to something better. Also, experiment with the S140-23 you bought. Take the sash out and try to slide the balance up and down in the track freely. If it still doesn't move, then the Series 140 is not correct.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.