coil balance help

A handy person from West Virginia says:

The window I am working 0on has 2 springs that both attach to what appears to be your 15-150D standard support. One mounted directly above the other. One spring is 3.5 pound and the other is 5.5 pound. The video on your site only shows installation of a single spring unit. Should I change over the window to your double carrier and what is the best configuration of spring weight 3.5 on top or 5.5.

Specifically,

1. Can I use the 15-150D on the window?

2. Does it matter which spring is placed where? 3.5 on top or 5.5 on top?

3. I assume I would be buying 2-3.5 and 2-5.5 pound springs to replace both sides.

4. One of the broken springs shows that they are 33" your site sells 35" will the different length present any serious issues regards closing properly?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you have an S160-3 and S160-5, I recommend the 15-150D coil housing. I would install the S160-5 first with S160-3 on top. You would buy two coils for each side. The 35" length will work in place of the 33" coil spring length.
A handy person says:
Very helpful and fully informing to my questions, a very good response and I really appreciate your taking the time to help me.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It was my pleasure. If you need anything else, please let me know!
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.