Will the Series 140 replace my old coil balance part(s)

A handy person from henrico VA 23238 says:
My photo does not show two coil clips, but there were two; each has its own screw; each 1 1/4 W x 1 3/8 High x 9/16 Deep. Each clip has #5 coil. The shoe is also 1 1/4 W x 1 3/8 High x 9/16 Deep.
If items all come as one, like your 11 lb series 140, great. Otherwise. i need parts for both sides of two windows: top 2 clips, 2 covers & screws, 2 coils, one a bit longer, and 2 shoes, all times 4. Advise &/or order please.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Quick tilt dual balance.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your pivot shoe looks like a match to our 15-175 that is used with our S152 window sash support coil balance spring. Make sure to compare the dimensions on our pivot shoe product page to yours and choose your coil options based on the stamp on your existing coils. Thank you!

QUESTION IS ABOUT COIL CLIPS & WHETHER I CAN USE YOUR SERIES 140 OR NEED TO ORDER 2 SEPARATE CLIPS NOT A DOUBLE. PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

When it comes to coil balances, it's important to use exact replacements base on style and dimensions. Theoretically, you may be able to use the S140 since it has the same width and thickness as your pivot shoe, but you'd most likely need to purchase new pivot bars since the style of the cam is different from your current pivot shoe. You'd also need to weigh your sash to choose the correct weight range for an S140 replacement and even then, there are other obstacles you may encounter trying to convert to a new coil balance system. Overall, it's easier to use exact replacements for the hardware that you have.

See the video below and the list of related items on the 15-175 and S152 product pages for any other hardware you may need. 

pix of upper balance. what parts do i need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191114_parkwood window balances.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The Series 152 coil spring is designed to be used with our 15-143 and 15-144 caps, as well as our 15-145 drum. These basically snap over the spring like a sandwich. These are a little different compared to your old covers but should still work the same. Alternatively, if your old covers are still in good condition you can also reuse them. That's one of the best parts of coil balance systems: you can just reuse everything that isn't broken.

It's also important to note that our Series 152 is 1/2" thick. You may want to check that to be sure.

Regarding your original question, I agree with Casey. The Series 140 may possibly work but there are a few different variables involved that may render it incompatible. A lot of customers buy the Series 140 thinking that it's easier to work with because it's pre-assembled only to find out that it won't fit in their windows. It's a specific balance system made for specific windows, so using it as a substitute for different styles is often more trouble than it's worth.

However, some customer's think it's fully worth the trouble and have gotten it to work in windows where it wasn't designed to install regardless. It's ultimately up to you. Just keep in mind that the Series 140 can only use a pivot bar like our 26-398 and 26-405. Your old pivot bar won't be compatible.

Thank you. Will order & report back
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.