coil spring may be broken?

A home owner from Ocoee Florida says:
do you have replacement parts for this window, I think the coil spring is broken? Can this be fixed or do i need to replace?

Can you tell from these photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210303_131216893_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210303_131211211_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Yes, it looks like you may need new coil balances. Can you remove the assembly and show me the pivot shoe at the bottom they connect to? The pivot shoe identity determines the balance Series you need. See the video below. 

The video is for the lower sash. Mine is the upper outer sash. What is the procedure for that?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The procedure isn't really any different. The only big difference between how you remove the upper sash coils and the lower sash coils is that the cutout in the upper sash track is near the bottom of the window. Otherwise it's the same thing: you have to pop them out with a screwdriver.

We got the piece out attached are photos

Thanks for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210305_095711079.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210305_095703174_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210305_095651609_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210305_095644059_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you. Your pivot shoe is a match for our 15-177, which is specifically designed to work with the Series 152 coil spring. I believe these will work in your window perfectly well.

It also looks like you need a new pivot bar, but I can't make yours out based on just a broken piece. See our 26-466 to start out. You'll want to use an undamaged version for comparison.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.