Pívot shoe and coil support

A quick learner says:
Pívot shoe 15-259 has a depth of 13/16 (actual .840), which is greater than 13/16 almost 27/32.

Coil support is the recommended support and has a measurement of 13/16.

If the pívot shoe is greater than the coil support, how will these work together?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Are you referring to the 15-255 support? If so, I've never really noticed a difference in depth between this and the 15-259. If there is a difference then it is negligible. I've never encountered an issue when installing this hardware.

To be honest, I can't imagine a scenario where the cover being smaller than the shoe would ever make an impact on its function. These screw directly to the window track, so it's not like they'd be loose in the frame. And if you're only talking about a difference of 1/32" (if that) then I don't think there's any reason to worry.

It's ultimately up to you, though. All I can tell you is that the 15-255 was specifically designed by the manufacturer to work with the 15-259 shoe. They are built from the bottom up to go together. There is no alternative.

A quick learner says:
Yes, the 15-255 coil support was what I was referring to thanks.

Now that I look at this again I suppose since the pivot shoe isn't actually being pushed up into the coil support, both just need to fit into the window track.

To confirm, from the videos provided on the site, the coil spring attaches to the pivot shoe, and then the end of the coil loop attach to the coil support.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, that is correct. The pivot shoe does not push into the coil support. During normal window operation, they probably won't even come into contact unless you raise your window as high as it will go.

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.