door handle replacement

A home owner from Hilliard Ohio says:
The top latch on my patio door is broke and does not work properly. Sd-r50-1816x2426(72x96 is the number on the door so I am assuming that the 82-239 mortise lock is the correct replacement part needed. Although my house was built in 2004 the mfg. date on the door is 2010 and there is no name for the mfg. I have compared the measurements as best as possible without removing the whole mechanism and they seem to match your replacement part. How hard is it to replace? Will I need other parts also or just the lock?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191120_102512.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191120_102544.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. It looks like you might need the 82-265, which is the same as the 82-239 but with a faceplate. Installation is not particularly difficult. See the video below, which entails the installation for the 82-218. This other mortise lock in fact is a bit more difficult to install, so you shouldn't have any trouble. Let me know what you think.

Thanks but as you see in the pictures I have a double lock. I really think I just need the locking mechanism. As far as face plates they are fine. I did read that it has some kind of anti locking that my door does not have. The video you provided does not so and or provide any info that pertains to my door. Please review my pictures I had provided so that you can understand what I am talking about. Oh also I am a retired construction estimator and I do know enough to be dangerous when it come to repairs to a home.
I am posting a few more photos in hopes of ordering the correct part. I do have an exterior key lock but have never used it and don't have a key for it. I think the 82- 265 has different dimensions.
Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191121_114534.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191121_114721.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191121_114821.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191121_114916.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191121_114916.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Ah sorry, I should have been clearer: I was hoping that video would show conceptually how to install your lock, but it is, of course, a different mortise lock design. That said, conceptually the installation is similar, as the 82-239 is just a longer version of the 82-218, albeit with two hooks. Apologies again for the confusion. If you want to reuse your old face plate, than the 82-239 would work fine. I am pretty confident this should work for you; can you tell me how you think the dimensions differ? It's a bit difficult to tell from photos. Many thanks.

Sorry I was comparing the face plate dimensions to the actual mortise lock dimensions. I guess I should get the 82-265 since it already has the face plate with the lock actuator. Will the actuator work with my existing door keeper?
Profile picture of Bob

Yep, I'm confident that our mortise will be compatible with your old keeper.

A home owner from Deltona, FL says:
I have a SD-R50-1816 X2426-7296 and the inside lock broke. Will a Legacy Keyed Handle Set, 3-15/16" (1-1/8" to 2-1/2") work to replace it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't verify if our 82-086 will work for your door. The code you have provided doesn't tell me anything about the hardware used in your particular applicaiton.

Your first step should be to carefully review the photos and dimensions we show for the 82-086 on its store page. If your hardware differs in any way, let me know exactly how and upload a few photos of it for me to review.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.