double coil balance replacement

A handy person from Maryland says:
My window is 14lbs. The coil balance snapped in two on both sides - I'd like to replace the entire piece (not just the coil) as they are 10+ years old. The issue is the width of the window channel. I've recently ordered what I thought was the correct replacement part but they are not wide enough. My parts measure 1 1/4" at the base and 13/16" width (window channel).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4416.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4417.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting! 

Your pivot shoe is an older version which has been discontinued. Please watch the below video for a step by step guide detailing the newer parts available for replacements. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

A handy person from Maryland says:
Thank you for the help. I went back to look at the coil springs (part S159) and I see it goes up to 12.5 lbs. Will that be enough - again, my window is 14lbs.
Thanks
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

The weight range you see is how much weight an individual coil can support. The coils on each side of the window are added up to support the whole weight of the sash. For 14 pounds, I would recommend (2) S159-3 on each side or (1) of S159-6 on each side of the channel. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.