dual rollers custom size hex

A home owner from Nahant, MA says:
Tom,

I have recently purchased a home. It has 2 8' sliders, identical. No markings on them that I can find other than the herculite stamps on the glass.

I'm trying to adjust the rollers and it appears they have a hex/allen head key, but I have several sets of metric and standard and none seem to fit.

Are you aware of any rollers (dual) that use a custom size hex key?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what it is you may have. I personally am not familiar with any rollers that use such a key. Are you able to remove one of them from the door and show us a picture of it? That would allow us to determine if it's something that can be replaced.

A home owner from Nahant, MA says:
Tom,

Thanks. If you look at your part # 81-128, that has a hex key adjuster on it (and it accepts a flat head screw driver by the looks of it). I won't be able to take one off of my door for a bit to get a picture. But looking through the adjustment hole, I see a hex key like the 81-128, only none of the sizes I have fit, and mine doesn't have the slot for the flathead screwdriver.

Thanks,
Steve
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure about that Hex/Allen key adjustment screw. Could it be you need a "Metric" size key? Do you know the manufacturer of the door? Normally, I just use a phillips or flat head screw driver to adjust the door. Without seeing yours I can't be 100% sure.

Take a look at the 81-018 tandem roller, commonly used on wood type patio glass doors. This is another possible match for your roller.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.