exterior patio door handle needed

A handy person from Cleveland OH says:

Hello and good day, I hope - I have a patio door handle but the other half of it came off in pieces. This is a 2-sided handle - the interior side is shown and the other side had a plastic exterior handle which cracked into pieces. The markings on the back of this piece are:

Canadian patent #919213 patent date 1973.

Measurements - from top to bottom 7 7/16" black piece shown in photo on back is 1" wide. Smaller screw holes are 1 1/8" from each edge - screw holes are 1/4" wide with 1 3/4" long screws, 3/16" between the smaller screw hole and the next 3/8" larger screw hole. So the outer handle has to hit the interior side at 4 points.

I hope that you can find this thing for me or find something somewhat compatible. It looks similar to the 82-042 if that helps.

Appreciate anything that you can do -

Thank you,

A. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Yes, this handle set looks like either our 82-005 or 82-082, which have that specific surface lock. The 82-042 is compatible with these handle sets. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.