Pivot Shoe Needed

A home owner from philadelphia pa says:
these are vinyl clad replacement windows circa 1985. double glass with tilt out for cleaning. the grommet that is on the end of a spring and attaches to the window. it slides in the track and pivots on the grommet to tilt out for cleaning. can see in picture 20190520_154146 of broken grommet. even if could locate part not sure if could get it apart to replace without taking entire window out.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190520_155013.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190520_155022.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190520_154146.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190520_155031.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Looks like you need to replace your pivot shoe. The pivot shoe is the part in your photo that is literally the 'pivot' that the window sash tilts inward from. We'd be happy to replace this for you, but we'll need to know the width and thickness of the shoe when it is out of the window. Based on those measurements, we should be able to narrow down possible replacements. For removal and replacement details, see the video below.

looks exactly like my window. it is the upper window that needs repair. they always make it look easy. i do not have that tool for pulling the spring. is that something you also sell?
Profile picture of Bob

Yes, we do. The charging tool for the spiral balance is our 75-006. Let us know if you need any other help getting the shoe out of the window. I know it's a hassle, but unfortunately in this case there are multiple pivot shoes that look like your old one, and the only way of reliably knowing which is right for you is to get that width and thickness. From there, we should be on our way.

finally had day without rain to remove old pivot shoe. will likely need some extras if you can find same. the pivot shoe is 2 inches tall, 1 3/16 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. i have more pictures if need.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190626_110556.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190626_110516.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190626_110523.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190626_110530.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. If the shoe is 1/2" thick, you might need our 15-046. This shoe is 1-1/4" wide though, so double-check your measurement to be safe. Let me know what you find.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.