boot for a spiral

A quick learner from nyc says:
appreciate an ID on this item.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8938.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8939.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to tell what you have from a broken shoe, but the design of this part is similar to our 15-188. Look this over and see if it would make a good replacement. Take special note of the thickness, which is one of the most important dimensions. Height doesn't matter too much.

You definitely want to compare our diagram to an undamaged version of your shoe. The cam is missing off of the one you have here and that's a very important detail.

Alternate image for 15-188
Alternate image for 15-188
A quick learner from nyc says:
Yep, does look close. thickness I see is 9/16" if you agree, with my additional pic today, with the cam.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8955.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8956.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That cam actually looks like a different style, so I'm not certain that the 15-188 is what you want. The style of this cam is more like what we have on the 15-129, however this is 9/16" thick. Consider this shoe and see if it would be a better match.

I highly recommend using an undamaged pivot shoe as a reference. In my experience it's never a good idea to base your decision off of a damaged part, there are just too many important details that are lost along the way.

Detail of 15-129
Detail of 15-129
A quick learner from USA says:
Hi, any suggestions for this pivot shoe please.

It uses a 31" spiral balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4652.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4653.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4651.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like this is the same pivot shoe shown in your post from 2021 above. If so, the 15-129 shown in Tom's last response would be our best replacement option. Take a look and see if this could work for your application. Thank you! 

Detail of 15-129
Detail of 15-129

A quick learner from USA says:
Attached to this email is a photo I took of the cam belonging to my pivot shoe.

Does it look differently shaped when compared to item 15-129?

Is it possible mine contains a narrower mouth while yours is wider, on a narrower channel while mine is a longer channel?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4985.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, we can't determine the exact size of your pivot shoe cam based on your photo. With that being said, it would help to see the pivot bar that engages with your cam removed from the sash to determine if it would be compatible with one of the pivot shoe options discussed in this thread. 

A quick learner says:
Hi, do these pictures help? Took them this evening.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5010.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5011.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5012.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5013.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5014.PNG
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. I do believe that your pivot bar would be compatible with the 15-129, which has a cam opening about 7/32" wide. If you decide to give it a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.