inside locking mechanism

A home owner from Shelby Township, MI says:
We do not know if this is a Pella or Anderson window. There are no identifying numbers. I have no measurements. It may be an unknown company to us. This is on a wood casement window. Crank is on the right, lock on the left. I hope I sent two separate pictures. I do not have a picture of the locking device as installed, but can get one if needed. Thank you. Bob and Carol N
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Your lock does not look familiar to me. It could be a new design. Can I see a few more pictures of it from the other side? I don't know if the plastic piece will be available alone, but we could possibly find a substitute for the whole thing. I would also like to see the rest of your casement hardware, like the operators. That may give us some clues as to what you have.
A quick learner from Clarkston MI says:
Additional information. Condo was constructed 1997-98. The device is quite large - forgot to measure but maybe 3-1/2 to 4" high. The plastic device that is broken is in the lock section. Added additional pictures. The keeper on the sash locks onto the broken part which is what we need, or the entire unit-whichever. Inside the part says Truth with an icon of a house, (Truth hardware maybe) and the number 45125.
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we have determined that this lock is discontinued and no longer available. We do have a possible solution, though. See our 38-144 lock. I cannot guarantee it will work, but it appears to be our closest match. You would also need to replace the keeper, so see our 38-276 and 38-277.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.