left crank mech for casement window

Quick Learner from Gainesville, VA
Apr 18, 2018 10:13 pm
These are vinyl clad 4500 casement windows installed by NVR homes around 2002, I would like to obtain some replacement crank mechanisms as the gears have stripped. ID info is on one of the pics, can you assist?
20180418_070331_HDR
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi- thanks so much for posting! 

We will need to see a photo of your window open as far as it will go so that we can see the entire mechanism. This will help us to better determine what replacement operator you will need. 

Quick Learner
Apr 19, 2018 4:54 pm
I think it might be a Truth 9" - do you agree?
20180419_165126_HDR
1 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 24, 2018 11:43 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you! It's tough to make out, but it appears to be a straight arm type operator. See our 39-028E and 39-027E to start out. Two important details are the length of the arm and the style of the bearing at the end of it. As long as those match up to the two I mentioned, I think they'll work great as replacements.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts