length of channel balance

A quick learner says:
My length measures almost 25 5/8". I am measuring just the metal part and not including the shoe and foot as your site indicates. Will a 25" length work or do I need it to be exact. Also my shoe looks a little longer than the one on this one. However, the other dimensions and features match. The stamp on the side of the channel balance is 25 4.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hmm...I am very curious to see what your balance looks like before we go any further. Could we see some photos of the balance removed from the window?
A quick learner from East Palo Alto, California says:
Please see photos. Metal part is 25 5/8" long (I measured JUST the metal part as instructed). I am trying to determine what length and which channel balance to purchase.

Note that the clip is the broken part on one of the channel balances (in photo 7401), but I am thinking it would be better to just replace both channel balances as the clips may not match. Let me know if you advise instead to just replace clips because the metal part is an odd length. I saw advice to lubricate with silicon spray if I do this.

Also, I need the replacement part number for the clips that attach to the window frame and facilitate the removal of the channel balances. One of ours is missing.

I have more photos if you need them or let me know what you specifically would like to see.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We can replace this balance, however it will need to be specially made. We highly recommend replacing both at once, so I will email you a special order link and price quote for 2 right now.

As for the clips you mention, I think they might be our 16-002. Look that product over and let me know if this seems familiar.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.