locking door handle needed

A quick learner from Nipomo, Ca says:
We would like to purchase the correct locking doir handle and replacement insulation for our 1977 sliding glass door.
Thank you for any help. We're so happy we found your site.
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Lisa. I hope we can help. Now, it's a little hard to tell exactly what you have based on these images, but I would start with our 82-005. Carefully compare this to your own hardware and let me know how they match up.
A quick learner from nipomo says:
Hi again,
Here is another photo showing the interior view of the door and handle.

The handles each attach to the sides and do not wrap over any of the end as the suggested handle does.

Does this help with determining a retrofit?

Thank you so much for this help.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! These pictures are a big help. Now that I can see the inside of the handle, I think you might want to consider our 82-033 instead. You may also want to look at our 82-223 inside mortise lock.
A quick learner from United States says:
Can you also indicate what insulation we need for these doors? All the insulating strips were pulled off and wind comes between the sliding door and the stationary door....brrrr.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Lisa. It's hard to say without seeing what weatherstripping you had installed originally. You could possibly consider one of our wool pile types. Browse through that section and see if anything there will fit in your existing groove.
A quick learner from United States says:
Thank you for all your help. We'll place our order today or tomorrow.
A professional from Irvine, California says:
I've been told that is a Marshall door. I had good results with 1/4" X 0.200 pile weatherstripping.
58-158 should work. You may want professional help with that. It has one or two (it's been a while)in the interlock and the header, and one in the jamb. Those can be quite a bit of work.
You will want to remove the track insert at the bottom and replace the pile in that also. That's the easy one.
A home owner from Nipomo, CA says:
Hi, just to clarify your suggestion...the 82-033 handle and the 82-223 lock go together to make up the "locking door handle" unit??

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes. The 82-033 is the inside and outside pull, while the 82-233 is the inside mortise lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)